Personal Injury & Bankruptcy Law Firm in Independence, OH
5005 Rockside Road
Independence, OH 44131
Hours of Operationx
- Monday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Tuesday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Wednesday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Thursday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Scheduled appointments after hours
If you suffered severe or catastrophic injuries in an accident, or if you are considering bankruptcy, the attorneys of Amourgis & Associates stand ready to help. Learn how a qualified Independence lawyer can make your legal process easier. We have a conveniently located office in Independence, Ohio, just outside Cleveland.
Our Legal Services
Our knowledgeable attorneys can help you with a wide variety of personal injury and bankruptcy matters, including:
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. When your income does not cover your debts, a Chapter 7 bankruptcy may represent your best option for a clean slate. Chapter 7 bankruptcy can discharge your debts by liquidating your assets. Bankruptcy can start you on the path toward sound financial health.
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy. Chapter 13 bankruptcy might be a good choice when your income allows you to make payments on your debts. The process can restructure your debts and allow you to keep your home, car, and other assets as you make good-faith payments on the balance.
- Foreclosure Defense. If you and your family face the loss of your home through foreclosure, our firm might be able to find solutions that allow you to keep your home. We may seek a refinancing or loan modification, or we may find that filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy is your wisest choice. If the bank has already filed for foreclosure, we might be able to identify and assert legal defenses that will delay or even stop foreclosure.
- Personal Injury. When you or a loved one have been injured by the negligent or reckless actions of another party, our firm can help you fight to get the financial compensation you need for your recovery. The at-fault party may have to compensate you for your bills and your pain and suffering.
- Car Accidents. Our firm can help you hold negligent drivers accountable when they collide with your vehicle or hit you while walking or riding a bicycle.
- Truck Accidents. We understand the catastrophic effects that truck accidents can have on injured victims. Our firm has the experience and resources to gather the essential evidence from a truck accident case. We can identify the trucking companies that bear liability for your injuries. We can fight for your right to a full and fair financial recovery.
- Motorcycle Accidents. Motorcycles lack the protection and safety systems of passenger vehicles. As a result, motorcyclists often suffer significant injuries in crashes. Our attorneys will work tirelessly to pursue the compensation you need when you’ve been injured on a motorcycle.
- Slip and Fall Accidents. Our firm can help you hold a property or business owner accountable when dangerous or hazardous conditions on their premises cause you or a loved one to suffer injuries in a slip and fall accident.
- Dog Bites. Dog owners have a responsibility to control their pets. When a dog attacks or bites someone without provocation or warning, the owners should compensate the injured victim for their medical care and other damages arising from the injury. We can help make that happen.
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect. If your family has a loved one who has been victimized by an abusive or neglectful nursing home or staff member, our attorneys will work hard to get compensation for you. Our legal actions could help stop the nursing home or staff from harming other elderly residents.
- Wrongful Death. If you have lost a loved one due to the careless or wrongful acts of another party, you and your family might be entitled to seek financial compensation for the loss of your loved one. We can help hold the responsible parties accountable for their actions.
How Our Independence Personal Injury Law Firm Can Help You
If you or a loved one have suffered an injury in an accident in Independence or elsewhere in the greater Cleveland area, you might be entitled to seek compensation for your injuries and damages.
At Amourgis & Associates, Attorneys at Law, our Independence personal injury lawyers can help you by:
- Investigating your accident and injuries to recover evidence we can use in your claim.
- Identifying at-fault parties and potential sources of financial recovery for your damages.
- Hiring expert witnesses to build a strong, persuasive legal argument.
- Negotiating with the insurance companies to try to reach a settlement of fair and full compensation of your injuries and damages.
- Preparing your claim to go to court and to trial, if a negotiated settlement cannot be reached.
How Our Independence Bankruptcy Law Firm Can Help You
If you can no longer afford to make payments on your debts and think bankruptcy might help, our Independence bankruptcy attorney can help by:
- Advising you on other alternatives to bankruptcy, such as credit counseling or debt consolidation.
- Organizing your financial information to get a full picture of your debts, assets, expenses and income.
- Determining which kind of bankruptcy is best for you.
- Preparing your bankruptcy petition or repayment plan in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
- Advocating on your behalf in bankruptcy hearings, especially if creditors lodge objections to your repayment plan.
Directions to Our Independence Office
Our firm has a conveniently located office in Independence, just outside Cleveland, at:
5005 Rockside Road
Independence, OH 44131
Our office is near the interchange of Interstate 77 and Interstate 480. Take Exit 155 off I-77, or Exit 20B off I-480, onto Rockside Road westbound. Our office will be immediately on the right.
Talk to an Independence Personal Injury or Bankruptcy Law Firm Now
If you have suffered an injury due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness, or if you are straining under the weight of debt and are considering bankruptcy relief, contact the Independence (Cleveland) attorneys at Amourgis & Associates, Attorneys at Law, today. We can schedule a free, no-obligation, confidential consultation.
One of our knowledgeable lawyers will explore your legal rights and options with you. Do not wait to take the first step to secure a favorable outcome in your case. Learn how skilled legal representation in your corner can make all the difference. Call us today.